How does SCARmed work?
Silicone gel has been used successfully in scar management for over 30 years. 
- SCARmed, when applied to a scar, allows the skin to breathe and remain hydrated. ¹
- SCARmed silicone gel reduces Trans-Epidermal water loss (TEWL) ¹ from scars.
- It assists with better hydration which helps to soften and flatten raised scars. ¹
- SCARmed silicone gel dries quickly and forms a clear, flexible water resistant barrier over the scar. ²
- SCARmed gel protects the scar from chemical and microbial invasions.
- SCARmed and silicone gel helps to normalise the production of collagen. By normalising collagen production, it starts softening and flattening scars over time. ¹
1)Mustoe TA. AesthPlastSurg 2008; 32:82-92
2)Fulton JE. DermatolSurg 1995; 947-951