Frequently Asked Questions
What is SCARmed?
SCARmed is a rapid drying advanced silicone gel formulation used for:
- Treatment of Scars both old and new.
- Softening and flattening of raised scars.
- Prevention and treatment of hypertrophic and keloid scars.
- Relieve the itchy, pain and discomfort of scars.
Where can I purchase SCARmed?
SCARmed is available from leading pharmacies and supermarkets or directly online.
What types of scars can I use SCARmed on?
SCARmed is used for the management of keloids and hypertrophic scars and is effective on both old and new scars. SCARmed can be applied on the face and any part of the body.
Can I use SCARmed to help avoid scars?
SCARmed, like other silicone products can significantly reduce the visibility of your scar. It makes scars lighter, flatter and softer.¹
For best results, it is advisable to start using SCARmed as soon as the wound is closed and healed.
I have used SCARmed as recommended but I have not seen any results yet. What have I done wrong?
An initial treatment period of 60-90 days is recommended for everyone and most people experience noticeable results within 4-5 weeks of usage. However, treatment time and results vary from person to person depending on the severity of the individual scar. For best results, be sure to use the gel morning and night as part of your daily routine. SCARmed should be in maintained continuous contact with the skin 24 hrs/day, 7 days a week.
Can I use SCARmed to completely remove a Scar?
It is not possible to make a scar completely invisible. However,SCARmed will remarkably improve the appearance of most established and new scars.
Are there any side effects of SCARmed?
Side effects of SCARmed are very rare, however if redness, pain or skin irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
Can SCARmed be used on Children?
Yes, SCARmed is recommended for use in children.
How long will it take for my scar to improve?
SCARmed is recommended as a minimum treatment of 60-90 days (24hrs a day/7days a week). Larger and older scars may take longer. Continued use of SCARmed is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
Can SCARmed be used for burn scars?
Yes, SCARmed is suitable for hypertrophic scars caused by severe burns.
My doctor recommended SCARmed for my scars. Is it available in pharmacies or retail stores?
Please ask your pharmacist if SCARmed is available in their store. SCARmed is also available in most major supermarkets.
Are there any precautions I should take?
- SCARmed should not be applied to open or fresh wounds placed in contact with mucous membranes or too close to the eyes.
- SCARmed should be applied to clean, dry skin only.
- SCARmed should not be applied over other skin treatments or over antibiotic skin preparations.
- SCARmed is for external use only. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Keep SCARmed out of reach of children.